Wednesday, December 1, 2010

So, I tried some yeasty mac-a-da-cheese last night...

I was so excited to try it - cheeseless "mac-a-da-cheese" as we call it in our house...this is far better for my kiddos because it had those nutritional yeast flakes in it...and that sounds nutritional!  (Also, my son is supposed to eat a gluten-free, casein-free diet).  And, pimentos, and nuts and just other things you can't really put in real mac-a-da-cheese.  I even had my oldest boy (7) excited about helping me put everything in the Vita-Mix to mix it all up.  But then, when it came time to eat it, he pushed it away pouting and said, "This is AWFUL!" among other pretty horrible comments.  So, I calmly took that bowl of Mac-a-da-cheese away from the table and set it on the counter... and you would have thought that I took away the most cheesiest, most delicious mac-a-da-cheese you have ever SEEN!  He started BAWLING his eyes out and telling me how HUNGRY he was and wanted that mac-a-da-cheese SO BAD!!!  Meanwhile, Evelyn (my 3 year old) is just sweetly eating her new-fangled mac-a-da-cheese and telling me how good it is (I don't know if she truly thinks it is good, or is just afraid I might take HERS away too!)  After 10 minutes of being quite upset in his room (because I sent him there for complaining about the food - which is something we are working on), I looked at him and said, "Well, I thought you didn't want it because you talked about how horrible and awful it was."  "I DO want it!!!  I DO want it Mama!!" he said.  Then he proceeded to tell me that when he FIRST tasted it, it didn't taste very good, but then when he tasted it again, he kinda liked it!  So, we calmly walked back in and I gave him back the yeasty no cheesies and he gobbled them right up!  Happy Mama.

No comments:

Post a Comment