Monday, November 7, 2011

What to bring to Cub Scouts for snack!?

Okay, so here I'm the healthy lady, signed up to bring snacks to my son's Cub Scout meeting...I honestly don't know WHY we started this whole snack thing when Cub Scouts are from 7pm-8pm!!!  They will be dropping in the BED just after it!  Uggggh - very frustrating seeing that most of the time they get juice boxes and junk treats!  But, here's what I decided to bring:

A Strawberry-Lemonade drink (thrown in my Vita-Mix blender!  Recipe below)
Home-popped Organic Popcorn put in zip-lock bags
Clementines

Strawberry Lemonade Recipe (adapted from Dr. Josh Axe's recipe from his book, The Real Food Diet

     3 cups filtered water (this will make it taste better!)
     1 whole lemon w/out rind (seeds and all if you have a Vita-Mix!)
     6 Organic frozen strawberries
     About 2-3 tsp of Stevia - you need to start slowly w/ the Stevia - too much can make it NOT taste good - I'm not exactly sure how much I put in last time, so it could be less/more depending on what brand you have.

Combine until smooth.  I'm probably going to strain out the pulp in this b/c these kids are used to juice boxes.  I'm just going to bring little cups and bring the Strawberry Lemonade in a big Nalgene to serve.


PLEASE, if anyone else has any suggestions as to what you bring for snacks and really care about it being healthy, BRING ON the ideas!!!

1 comment:

  1. trail mixes, made with peanuts, pine nuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, raisins, chocolate chips. My kids like it!

    ReplyDelete